Environmental Policy Statement
The Company is aware of its responsibilities to the general environment and to the wellbeing of its staff in providing a suitable environment in which to work and operate.
This policy reflects the importance attached to protecting the environmental concerns and issues relating to the workplace and protecting the welfare of its employees, visitors and other persons who may be affected.
1. That the Company will comply with statutory requirements.
2. To ensure that effective procedures are developed and maintained within the Company.
3. That a positive safe and environmentally responsible culture is developed and that each employee understands and recognises their responsibilities.
4. That employees are aware of their responsibilities both within the concepts of good safety concerns but also in relationship to the protection of the environment within which they work.
5. To achieve continual improvement in the conditions for the employees, visitors and others who may be affected by the Company’s activities.
6. To work with employees, suppliers and contractors to minimise environmental impact.
7. To encourage the protection of the environment, to work within acceptable guidelines to ensure the protection of the staff.
8. To encourage responsible sourcing of products to reduce environmental impact and
wherever possible source materials locally.
9. To encourage the development of business with local organisations and communities.
10. To adopt targets & objectives set by our client`s as a minimum requirement.
In working to achieve our objectives, the Company will:
1. Periodically undertake a review of the policy and update where necessary.
2. Monitor and review the environmental impacts of the business.
3. Work with all employees to improve the situation.
4. Select suppliers and contractors with regard to good environmental practices wherever possible.
5. Educate employees on their safety and environmental responsibilities through suitable training and communication of information.
6. Ensure that all employees work in a safe and decent environment with acceptable working conditions suitable to their employment.
7. Work in partnership with others to improve environmental conditions and work to achieving more sustainable business practices.
The Company is committed to ensuring that this policy remains legally compliant and consistent with current practices. It will be subject to regular review and updating where necessary.
Mark Cresswell Managing Director
G&M Mechanical & Electrical Services Ltd.
5th May 2020
Date of next Review: 30/11/2021
CONTACTS - Herne Bay:+44(0)1227 371 133 • Hoo:+44(0)1634 255 475 •